25 May 2009
Bunches of little stuff
Not pictured, because I didn't take a picture:
One of the better ideas my better half has come up with: the old patio
umbrella as shade provider.|
|I assembled the steering column. I'm not quite sure how it goes
together - but I'm pretty sure the wheel isn't supposed to be off-center
Installed the steel bushings. This one was loose and needed a spot
weld to make sure it didn't wander off. The other one was fine.|
|I believe that this means I need to get a new brake booster.|
- Old El Camino UCAs and spindles are attached. They look like crap.
I wish I'd blasted and painted them too.
- Bump stops on the frame are back in place.
- Brake/clutch pedal assembly is in place - but not attached, since I
apparently don't have a booster.
- Tie rods are cleaned up, sprayed, and attached. New tie rod boots
on old tie rods. Need to replace one outer end that I ruined getting
- New fan motor is fitted to the heater box. Pulled the inside part
of the box out of its resting spot, it needs cleaned up and painted.
New weatherstrip, too, but that's a maybe - I may just leave it as is.
Already knew I needed a new heater core.
- The brake lines that were frozen to the El Camino hoses have been broken
free; I won't have to replace the hoses after all. I need a variety of
brake hose clips though - I found only one. Not sure where the
driver's side brake hose bracket is either.
The interwebs report that my parts order should be delivered tomorrow.
That gets me the remaining bushings to finish the LCAs, and the cables to
complete the parking brake. New order will have to be created shortly:
brake booster, outer tie rod end, heater core, pilot bushing. I don't like
the looks of the turn signal assembly, so probably that as well.
Go back to the previous day (24 May 09)